a Better Minnesota
The Minnesota Leadership Council on Aging is a champion, thought leader, planner and educator that advances positive system change for older adults, their families and caregivers. The council focuses on creating communities and systems that support aging with dignity and a spirit of well-being in Minnesota.
- We believe that all people have the right to meaningful lives and to be recognized for their unique identity as they age. We will promote opportunities for people to exercise choices, to contribute to the greater society as they choose, and to live a life filled with quality experiences.
- We believe that older adults are an asset to and an integral part of the communities in which we live. We will foster communities where older adults are connected, engaged and valued.
- We believe that people have the right to age with dignity and autonomy, including the right to take informed risk. We advocate for change when these rights are impinged upon.
- We believe that older adults have the right to culturally appropriate community services, social connections and healthcare that fosters their ongoing physical, psychological and spiritual well-being.
- We know that older adults can be vulnerable to poverty and isolation. We believe there is a societal obligation to ensure that the basic human needs of older adults are met.
- We believe that systems must be integrated, holistic and flexible to support the diverse, growing and changing needs of people as they age.