Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Minnesota Leadership Council on Aging. The Council is a champion, thought leader, planner and educator that advances positive systems change for older adults, their families and caregivers. The Council focuses on creating communities and systems that support aging with dignify and a spirit of well-being in Minnesota.
Organizations interested in applying for membership to the Minnesota Leadership Council on Aging are asked to complete a Potential Member Application. Additional questions may be asked and/or in person meetings with the Executive Director or Council members may be scheduled. The Application and any additional questions or materials requested are provided to members of the Communication and Membership Committee for review.
The Committee takes into consideration several factors including, but not limited to:
- organizational representativeness and composition of the Council,
- fit with strategic priorities and Mission, and
- identification of inherent conflicts including financial, logistical or other.
Applicant organizations affirm the following statements in their application: My organization...
- has a connection to the MNLCOA Mission and/or strategic focus areas.
- will commit time to MNLCOA including attending Council meetings, Committee meetings and other events.
- delegate has the authority to commit to MNLCOA activities.
- is Minnesota based.
- has a significant commitment to aging.
- operates statewide or is willing to take action/embrace statewide issues.
- is able to pay dues based on revenues.
Applicants will be notified if their application received approval from the Committee.
If approved by the Committee, recommendation for membership is made to the full Council. Only the full Council can elect members based on a majority vote. Decisions by the Council are final. Applicants will be notified if their application received approval from the Council. Organizations not invited to become a member will be notified of the reason and are not precluded from future applications for membership.
To learn more and to receive the Potential Member Application, contact email@example.com